The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) is seeking white papers from industry, academia, laboratories, and the innovation community for research and development into 10 new first responder technology funding opportunities. S&T works directly with fire, law enforcement, and emergency medical service first responders across the country to identify their technology needs.
Interested partners are encouraged to visit the BAA solicitation on Sam.gov for more information about each of the topics and details on submitting white papers. The deadline for white papers is July 2, 2021.
S&T welcomes proposals for the following topic areas:
- Updated Law Enforcement Duty Uniform
- Low-Profile Police Protective Equipment
- Police Protective Helmet
- Less-Lethal Chemical Irritants
- Less-Lethal Options for Crowd Control
- Tracking Criminal Actors
- Multi-Spectrum Laser Detection
- Multi-Spectrum Laser Eyewear Protection
- Rapidly-Deployed Physical Barriers
- Bomb Response and Defeat Operations Support
If your Utah small business intends to apply or you have questions about this funding opportunity, please contact the Utah Innovation Center at email@example.com.